For more than sixty five years, Williams Textbook of Endocrinology has been the gold general in the container, delivering authoritative tips on every element of grownup and pediatric endocrine system disorders. The Thirteenth Edition has been thoroughly updated by Drs. Shlomo Melmed, Kenneth S. Polonsky, P. Reed Larsen, and Henry M. Kronenberg, to carry you state-of-the-art coverage of diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, thyroid disease, testicular disorders, and tons more, all designed to support you provide superior care to every patient. Bridging the gap between primary science and clinical information, it is a vital, relevant resource for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, gynecologists, internists, and pediatricians – any clinician who needs the top-quality coverage accessible on the diverse features throughout the spectrum of endocrine disease.
- Obtain an improved understanding of each scientific insight and clinical data from the classic reference that delivers the current information you need in a highly illustrated, user-friendly format.
- Stay up to date with expanded discussions of autoimmune thyroid diseases, mechanisms, and the acceptable treatment of the ophthalmopathy of Graves’ disease; a new section on the interpretation of fine needle aspiration results in patients with thyroid nodules; and new coverage of when and when not to use radioiodine in the treatment of patients with thyroid melanoma.
- Update your knowledge and expertise with all-new chapters on Genetics of Endocrine Disease, Endocrinology of Population Health, and Laboratory Techniques for Awareness of Endocrine Disorders.
- Confidently manage any clinical endocrinopathy you may encounter thanks to new information on recent FDA-approved drugs for pituitary disorders, a new focal point on pediatrics, and new content on diabetes, obesity, and urge for food control.
- Benefit from the expertise of dynamic new contributors who offer fresh perspectives right through.
- Elsevier Health Sciences