Note:This is E book does not include Prep U.
Prepare for medical-surgical nursing practice and success on the NCLEX with Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 13th Edition. A favorite resource for students and practicing nurses for nearly a 1/2-century, this e book provides comprehensive yet available coverage of a broad range of medical conditions while focusing on the nursing process and the nurse’s role in caring for and educating patients and families within today’s complex health care start system.
Up-to-date coverage of the health care needs of individuals with disabilities, nursing research findings, ethical considerations, and evidence-based practice gives you opportunities to refine your clinical decision-making capabilities. Fully updated and improved, this new edition provides a completely integrated solution that promotes clinical judgment, performance, and success on the NCLEX examination and in nursing practice.
Key Points in the Thirteenth Edition:
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts make clear difficult concepts, informed by data from Misconception Alert questions in PrepU for Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12e.
- NEW! Quality and Safety Nursing Alerts construct upon previous edition’s Nursing Alerts to highlight issues related to quality and safety nursing care.
- NEW! The updated unit openers include new Case Studies with QSEN Competency Focal point to highlight a competency and related knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Additional advice for these case studies related to NANDA-I, NIC, NOC and the nursing process is accessible online.
- NEW! Prioritization Questions have been introduced to the Critical Thinking Exercises.
- UPDATED! Genetics Charts and Ethical Predicament Charts have been revised to reflect the latest advances in the container.
- UPDATED! Critical care advice has been updated to extra the authors’ goal to have the most up-to-date and clinically relevant content on critical care all the way through the e book.
- EXPANDED! Expanded coverage of obesity, highlighted with a brand new icon, focuses on this epidemic health problem in our society.
- STEAMLINED! The Table of Contents has been reorganized for a more logical sequence and flow.
- REVISED! The accompanying Study E-book now points reorganized content and revised questions.
- Nursing Process sections, Plans of Nursing Care, and Critical Care sections
- More than 2,900 NCLEX-style review questions
- Assessment Charts, Risk Factor Charts, Guidelines Charts, Genetics in Nursing Practice Charts, Patient Education Charts, Health Promotion Charts, Ethics and Related Issues Charts, and Pharmacology Charts and tables.
- Gerontologic Considerations sections, Physiology/Pathophysiology figures, and Home Care Checklists
- Nursing Research Profiles and EBP questions support students learn the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Concepts in Motion Animations deliver anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology concepts to life.
- Used E book in Good Condition